Willard is the latest Central Ozark Conference team to be dispatched by the Republic Lady Tigers. Tuesday night, Republic dominated Willard in an 8-1 victory, winning all three doubles matches before collecting wins in five of six singles matches.
In doubles, Republic welcomed back Sedalia Shumaker back to the varsity lineup after she went down with an injury last week against Springfield Central. Shumaker and Lauren Ueligger won their doubles match 8-2. Jasmine Howard and Abby McCord won their doubles match in the #1 slot, 8-5. And at #3 doubles, Anna Davidson and Wrigley Cook won 8-2.
Only Jasmine Howard, playing up to the #1 slot for the first time, lost her singles match. And even that one was nearly a win for Republic, with Alice Go squeaking out the victory in a tiebreaker, 9-8 (7-5).
Wrigley Cook stepped up to the varsity level to record two wins. Republic improved to 5-0 in the conference, 6-4 overall. The JV remained unbeaten at 7-0, winning 21 of 22 matches.
1. Howard/McCord d. Go/Flynn 8-5
2. Shumaker/Ueligger d. Wade/Ibarra 8-2
3. A. Davidson/Cook d. Riggs/Viau 8-2
1. Alice Go d. Jasmine Howard 9-8 (7-5)
2. Abby McCord d. Kristen Flynn 8-0
3. Sedalia Shumaker d. Abby Wade 8-3
4. Lauren Ueligger d. Kaytlen Ibarra Saucedo 8-2
5. Anna Davidson d. Hailey Riggs 8-1
6. Wrigley Cook d. Milena Viau 8-1