Republic’s girls tennis team recognized a classmate and a cause Tuesday night before picking up a conference win at home. The Lady Tigers wore shirts in memory of former Republic student and tennis player Stephen Nacy, who was diagnosed with ALS and passed away three years ago. Nacy was a classmate to this year’s seniors. The tennis team also recognized the Team Nacy for its fundraising efforts for ALS and contribution to the tennis program.
The Lady Tigers followed that up with a league win over Ozark, 7-2. Republic swept the three doubles matches, including close wins at #2 and #3, to get the night off to a strong start. The Lady Tigers won four of six singles matches to close out the night.
The Republic JV team won 14-13.
Republic is 8-4 overall. They finish conference play 8-1. The COC tournament is Wednesday at Cooper Tennis Complex.
1. Crawford/Stiles d. Taylor/Metcalf 8-4
2. McAtee/Morgan d. Bulavina 8-6
3. Shumaker/Crawford d. Bennett/Bennett
1. Elsie Crawford d. Abigail taylor 8-4
2. Claire Metcalf d. Katie Stiles 8-6
3. Carly McAtee d. Hannah Metcalf 8-1
4. Alena Bulavina d. Abby McCord 8-6
5. Hannah Morgan d. Miller Bennett 8-5
6. Sedalia Shumaker d. Madison Tourville 8-6