When you win your sixth match without a loss to start the season, it’s not easy to continue showing signs of improvement. But that’s what the Lady Tigers did in a sweep of Carl Junction Monday, according to head coach Dan Vales.
“We try to focus on the process of getting better and not necessarily the results,” Vales says. “It’s nice when it seems to all come together like tonight. We can see steady improvement from our new players and some of more veteran JV players on the team too. Overall level of play is rising, which is encouraging for us as coaches,” Vales says. “[I’m] very proud, too, of how the JV team played.”
The Lady Tigers mixed up their doubles teams to experiment with different pairings. All three of the new teams won, setting up the sweep.
Republic’s JV team dominated, winning 18 of 20 matches against the Bulldogs.
1. Kaitlyn Snyder/Katie Stiles d. Abigal Hodson/Taylor Storm 8-4
2. Jordyn Gianopulos/Carly McAtee d. Morgan Wilkins/Tatum Graham 8-5
3. Hannah Morgan/Isabella Freeman d. Kennedy Bandy/Madeline Blackford 8-5
1. Kaitlyn Synder d. Abigail Hodson 8-0
2. Jordyn Gianopulos d. Taylor Storm 8-2
3 Carly McAtee d. Morgan Wilkins 8-0
4. Katie Stiles d. Tatum Graham 8-0
5. Hannah Morgan d. Kennedy Bandy 8-1
6. Isabella Freeman d. Madeline Blackford 8-6
Republic is now 6-0 overall, and 5-0 in the COC. The Lady Tigers participate in the Springfield Invitational tomorrow at Cooper Tennis Complex, then return to Republic to host Willard Tuesday afternoon.